Other Building policies
- Anyone other than students, university personnel, or invited guests is trespassing on state supported property.
- All students, staff, visitors and guests are required to wear shirts, pants, shoes and face masks (covering the nose and mouth) while in Student Centers buildings
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in Student Centers facilities, with exception of scheduled events with written consent obtained through the Meetings and Conferences Office.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, hoverboards, basketball playing etc. are prohibited in Student Centers facilities.
- Flame candles are strictly prohibited in the buildings, with exception of birthday candles in The Alley.
- No sales or solicitations, which are unrelated to University business, are permitted, unless vendor is set up and has received permission and approval from the UIC Bookstore and a reservation must be made through Meetings and Conferences.
- Animals are not allowed in the buildings, with the exception of service dogs. Building Managers will check ID cards of owners for the dogs. All permitted animals must be on a leash especially in areas where the animals' presence may compromise a sterile environment, such as a dining space. Subject to the procedures and guidelines set forth and referred to in this policy, Service Animals, Service Animals in Training, Emotional Support (Assistance) Animals, and Pets (including Therapy Animals) are permitted on University Property in accordance with the information in the link provided below. For more information please refer to the UIC Policy here and leash laws here.
- Gambling is not permitted.
- UIC is a tobacco-free campus which prohibits all forms of tobacco (e.g. cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products, etc.) from being used anywhere within the campus boundaries.